Using customer experience to differentiate, is to a large extent unchartered territory. Though we are clearly in the experience generation, few companies have been able to use it as a competitive advantage. This is because the customer is still not at the heart of strategic decision-making.
What we do
The Consumer Psychology Lab measures your customers’ experience This is done through considering customer’s stories about the interaction (narrative), within the broader context of the situation, to understand the impact it had for the customer
Our CX equation: Customer story + context = experience impact (measure)
Why it is important
When customers articulate their experience in their own words, they feel heard. They share their stories according to what is important and top of mind for them, and not lead by pre-empted responses. People are different, and are driven by different internal triggers, and consequently respond differently. Through skilful probing, the impact of their brand interaction can be unpacked by understanding the context.
We approach supports bringing back the humanity into business by listening with compassion (empathy) and care. True customer-centricity in business strategy, means focusing on what the customer wants to say and not the brands agenda around metrics – an outside-in approach. Therefore, understanding how all interactions impact on customers, from their perspective
Customers’ experience are powerful indicators of loyalty, emotional connection with the brand and the propensity to forgiveness. Harvesting customers’ stories provides context to improvement, innovation and recognition
- After perfecting your Customer Experience strategy, you now need to ensure that your implementation is going smoothly.
- Keeping a close eye on both customers’ and employee’s experience, is essential for identifying the key drivers to success and failure.
- There may be a risky disparity between how the brand think they are being perceived and what customers are voicing to the world. You can only know with real data.
- Helps to ensure that everyone KNOWS how close or far you are to achieving your objectives.
- Measurement and tracking provide opportunities for innovation.
- It also provides an opportunity to identify where employees display exceptional passion in their service delivery, which is an ideal framework for rewards and recognition programmes
- By highlighting trends in service failures, training and innovation gaps can be identified
- Customer Experience measurements empowers you to adjust marketing spend over all channels and will also signal training gaps in inadequate staff performance.
How we do this
We use a qualitative approach to design Voice of the Customer & Voice of the Employee programmes. We customise the experience measures so that the programme is suitable for the client’s context.
We use a variety of methods to facilitate the experience feedback from customers or employees, such as interviews, discussion groups, facilitated workshops, mystery shopping, immersions, etc.
Our focus is always on the conversation, building trust and confidence and providing a neutral space for sharing experiences with very experienced interviewers (psychologists)
- Voice of the Customer & Voice of the Employee
- Customizable qualitative Customer Experience measure and tracking methods
- Facilitated workshops
- Interviews by seasoned psychologists
- Focus group
- Mystery shopping
What you get
- The insights from our conversations with customers, through the in-depth feedback, especially the personal stories (narratives), contextualises customers’ experience, what drives it and how it impacts on the relationship with customers
- Accurate measurements with online access to data, performance and tracking
- We provide an additional channel to service recovery (closing the loop) and inform CRM initiatives, and staying abreast of experiences that require real-time attention
- The power to transform your customers’ experience into insights and actionable opportunities for improvement
- Framework for augmenting your rewards and recognition programmes
Watch our video explaining the power of Voice of the Customer as a tracking and measuring CX tool.